Last Modified On:March 2, 2015 5 PM
A challenging position as a senior-level software engineer utilizing proven abilities in system design, requirements management, issue tracking/resolution and project management.
· Extensive technical knowledge coupled with an affinity for absorbing new skill sets.
· A highly motivated, energetic, natural leader that enjoys taking on challenges.
· Creative, strategic thinking combined with a strong understanding of technology applications.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as very strong organizational skills.
· Ability to communicate difficult concepts in a simple and articulate manner.
Cornell University, College of Engineering, Ithaca, NY.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, December 1996
Stuyvesant High School, New York, NY, June 1992
Blueberry Software is a software services company which developed the server and client side software for a scalable, commercially viable poker network.
Online Poker Network – J2EE compliant services to support online poker play
Reporting System – Custom PHP/MySQL based web app used by various consumers (accounting, operations, security, senior management, clients)
Zelo Technologies was a small bright startup that created a networked file system compatible with a number of different standards and interfaces. It utilized an open architecture that enabled easy extensibility of its feature set.
· Developed Java based, SSL adherent security server and client side interface.
· Designed specification for inter-process communication. Utilized proprietary TCP protocol to effectively relay required information.
· Responsible for selection and implementation of internal issue tracking and management solution. Found best fit and customized Bugzilla to meet business needs.
· Configured mixed environment (Linux and Mac OS X) pilot and test systems utilizing Linux Virtual Server to manage server load.
· Built sales force automation web site to manage client relationships
Xcelerate Corporation is a technology focused consulting company implanting web based, ERP, and retail applications to meet client business needs.
· Major Clients Included: Royal Caribbean International, Interactive Collector Limited, BargainBid, Ann Taylor, NAPA Auto Parts
· As a member of a project team, responsible for all solution phases including Roadmap, Design, Development, Launch, Maintenance and Knowledge Transfer for multiple projects both domestically and internationally. Specific experience included full life cycle development of custom software solutions, package implementations, B2C marketplace, web portal, mall concept / multi-store sites. Involved in engagements for brick and mortar as well as dot-com clients.
· As a business analyst, met with clients to determine business and technical requirements - usually in a series of facilitated sessions that included both capture and analysis. Responsible for maintaining project issue lists, and effectively driving the timely resolution of all project related issues. Created functional specification documents, design documents and technical and business architecture documents. Responsible for designing test scripts for, and executing system integration and user acceptance tests, along with all other details involved in project QA. Produced gap analysis documentation to illustrate detailed hardware and software recommendations for clients. Responsible for facilitating and supporting transition activities for client ownership.
· As a technical resource, designed document distribution system to effectively coordinate sales teams. Performed emergency repair to retail web site to successfully remove impediments to “going live” before planned launch date. Developed custom components to enforce business logic in integrated solution. Created custom markup language and parsing server to effectively transition HTML pages to client’s creative resources. Participated in software package customization and implementation. Part of a team responsible for project estimation and statement-of-work creation. Tasked with enforcement of scope and change control measures. Responsible for accurate project status reporting to clients and internal management.
· Produced high quality project deliverables including web applications, solution roadmaps, thorough design documentation, code specifications, training manuals, and end-user knowledge transfer and maintenance guides. Responsible for contributions to and maintenance of knowledge repository.
Per-Se Technologies / BSG Alliance IT, Inc. provides ERP consulting and integration services.
· Major Clients Included: State Farm, Dow Jones Telerate, Madison Square Garden, Forsythe Technologies.
· Developed Sales Force Automation Active Server Application that automated all stages of sales, from contact management to returns processing.
· Performed gap analyses and requirements analyses to determine best-of-breed package selections and customer solutions.
· Primarily responsible for the customization and implementation of customer care management software.
· Worked with client teams to develop functional and technical specifications for custom reports and system enhancements. Interfaced with software vendors to facilitate customizations and enhancements, and to coordinate new release testing and planning.
· Authored, planned and executed system and integration tests.
· Performed system wide configuration changes to meet unique functional needs of clients.
· Responsible for estimating task completion dates, maintaining scope, executing scope change orders, and proactively identifying and resolving issues.
Net-Print project was the conversion of a cash based printing system to a direct bursar charging system utilizing TCP/IP for job delivery and web interfaces for all aspects of system management.
· Rebuilt existing Perl code to increase functionality and improve efficiency.
· Reconfigured various UNIX software packages to meet arising needs.
· Self trained on the job in a variety of languages and technologies including Perl, HTML, socket programming, CGI scripting.
· Extensively debugged and commented existing haphazardly written code.
Technical Skills and Training
· Operating Systems: Very broad knowledge base in Microsoft Windows (XP, 2000, NT, Me, 9x, 3.x), MS-DOS, UNIX (Solaris, SunOS, HP-UX, NeXT, Linux), MacOS 9 and Mac OS X
· Business platforms: IBM Net.Commerce, Moai LiveExchange, Silknet eService, Macromedia ColdFusion, Quintus Customer Care, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Informix, Bugzilla
· Office Applications: High degree or proficiency with all Microsoft Office products, familiar with most other office applications, database suites and major multimedia suites
· Development Environments: Visual Studio, Visual Café, ProjectBuilder, CodeWarrior, Interdev
· Protocols and Interfaces: LDAP, WebDAV, FTP, POP, SMTP, TCP, XML
References available upon request
Selected project descriptions available upon request